1. Puppy gets lots of individualized love & care. They are handled by us daily, and we monitor their weight & development.
2. They are wormed at least three times before being adopted.
3. They are given their first set of shots at 6 weeks.
4. Each puppy is micro-chipped for their protection if they get lost.
5. They are evaluated for temperament, conformation, obedience, agility and hunting ability.
6. We work with the puppies in a natural way to help transition them to their new home.
Our puppies are born in a den like environment which we call their whelping box or crate (our school room). We
ask that the families continue to provide the puppies with a den like environment (or crate) to aid preliminary house
training, to protect them from dangers and to encourage puppy manners when they go to their new homes.
The puppy visits and cloth work with the puppy's natural sense of smell to communicate to them that you are not a stranger and your family is a part of their pack.
A. We try to have puppies matched with their family by 4-6 weeks and encourage families to visit our home once prior to pick-up day.
B. We also request that a towel/ blanket/ or piece of clothing are dropped off here before the puppy is 6 weeks old.
7. Each puppy comes with a puppy packet.
-AKC Limited Registration
-Small bag of food and supplements
-Health and development information
-NuVet Plus samples
-Free sample of pet insurance
8. Each puppy comes with a health guarantee against debilitating OFA (hip & elbows) or CAER (CAER checked eye problems)
9. We will gladly take our pups back at any time for any reason!!!
10. Life-time Breeder support. I am just a phone call or e-mail away to answer questions or share fun moments with.
We love our puppies very much, and are committed to them for life. See the puppy contract for more details.
We use principles from the Volhard Temperament test to evaluate your puppy.
We evaluate their confidence and boldness by seeing who will be the first to follow mama out of the whelping box, who stays right with us and who is not afraid to go it alone.
We evaluate their conformation using Pat Hastings Puppy Puzzle & the LRC's Illustrated Standard .
We look to see who follows us around and is focused on people to evaluate obedience potential.
We develop their problem solving skills by exposing them to different obstacles.
We evaluate their natural desire and retrieve drive.