1. Read Adoption Agreement-It is vital that you understand how we care for our puppies/dogs and how we expect them to be cared for in the future in your home
2. Application -If you are interested in adopting one of our pups please fill out the adoption application. We will respond usually within 24 hours to your application.
3. Puppy Care- Learn about how we care for our puppies at Maple Lane. Our care promotes their development and growth to give them the best start possible.
4. Kennel Visit- If you would like we then will schedule a visit to our kennel to see the parents and available puppies. If the puppies have been born, this counts as your first visit.
5. Deposit- A non-refundable deposit is required to hold a puppy till the pick up date. The deposit is half of the total adoption fee. We do not accept deposits until we have a confirmed pregnancy. If the color/sex combination you have chosen is available in the litter on which you have a deposit and you refuse the puppy, your deposit will not be advanced to another litter or refunded. If the color/sex combination you have chosen is not available in the litter on which you have a deposit, your deposit will be advanced to the next available litter with that combination.
6. PUPPIES!! - You will be notified when the puppies are born. We try to post photos on the web each week. We hope to soon have a web cam up for you to keep an eye on your puppy.
7. Puppy Visits- You are welcome to visit the pups two times prior to take home day. (They are not very active before 4 weeks and it is just healthier to limit exposure to germs and disease till they are older.) This also aids in the transition to their new home by exposing them to your smell.
8. Education & Preparation- Read, read, read!! There are lots of articles on this site and others. Read about puppy development, training and health information. Next prepare your home and family for the new arrival. It is important to make it safe and convenient for you to so house training and basic obedience goes smoothly. We would be glad to help with any questions you have.
9. Pick Up Day!!- Puppies go home starting on the 49th day after birth. On pick up day we will go over lots of info regarding health and initial care of your puppy. Be sure to have your crate ready to keep your puppy out of trouble when you get home and can't watch him.
10. Transition to Your Pack- Indulge your puppy the first 3-5 days after pick up. Just like people handle stress differently so do puppies. It takes them usually just a few days to adjust to your home/family. Call or e-mail us if you have any questions.
11. Training Starts Now!! – With each puppy adoption we offer 2 free (1 hour) training sessions and 2 free days of boarding.
12. Enjoy- your new canine companion for 12+ years.
You are welcome to e-mail us, or call 206-588-9189 if you have any questions.